Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dosania
Helper II
Helper II

Waterfall chart show Start and End totals based on absolute values

Hi,

I'm trying to make a Waterfall chart for my company to show the start and end balances throughout the month.

They would like to explicity like to call out the start and end values using the bars like we do in excel, but I am unabe to do this.

I have tried to reform the data, and also write new measures to do this, which is below.

Rolling total =
var _group =
max('Test Table'[Value])

RETURN
CALCULATE([Test], 'Test Table'[Value] <= _group, REMOVEFILTERS('Test Table'[Value]))

However, I am still unable to achieve this. Could anyone please let me know if this is possible please?

Below is the data I am using for this, and a copy of the Waterfall chart;

dosania_0-1668503476317.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @dosania 

For convenience, you can explain whether the data provided in your screenshot is the data that has been calculated and processed to be placed in the waterfall chart or the expected output data that needs to be converted to, and if it is the data that has been processed and placed in the waterfall chart, you can try to refer to this official document to create this chart:

Waterfall charts in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1668580785040.png

If processing is required, you can provide the logic for your source data and the data transformation you want to achieve.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @dosania 

For convenience, you can explain whether the data provided in your screenshot is the data that has been calculated and processed to be placed in the waterfall chart or the expected output data that needs to be converted to, and if it is the data that has been processed and placed in the waterfall chart, you can try to refer to this official document to create this chart:

Waterfall charts in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1668580785040.png

If processing is required, you can provide the logic for your source data and the data transformation you want to achieve.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.