Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waterfall chart scale

Hello !

I have made the following waterfall charts and I have added as an exemple one measure, using the following blog for that

https://businessintelligist.com/2020/06/12/power-bi-dax-how-to-make-waterfall-charts-work-showing-st...

waterfallChart.PNG

WFmeasure.PNG

Is there a way to change the scale of the volume and price so that I have a chart where even for a small variance of volume and price, I manage to represent them in different scale then the actual values (category values) to get at the end something like the picture below

Capture.PNG

Thank you in advance, 

Mariem,

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you show me more details about your tables?

In your last visual is Actual = Plan+volumn+Price. It seems that 42.4 = 35.5+7+0

Please show me your calculcate logic for volumn and price measure.

This may make it easier for me to understand your requirement.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-rzhou-msft  !

So my price is actually the substruction of the end value (Actuals Current Year) from the start value (Actuals Last Y, Budget,...) and the volume is the same just usign the volume attribute instead of the sales ttribute

The calculation of last visual are actually wrong, but it gives the correct "shape" that I'm looking for, meaning that at the end of the volume bar I get also the end of the actuals'20 and not in my case where there is a gap between the end value and the price bar.

When I set the start of Y axis from 0, i get the following graph but I would like to have the 1 bar bigger compared to the rest of the bars. It's like it have a different scale eventhough I'm just showing one

c4.PNG

I hope I managed to explain what I want,

Best Regards,

Mariem

Did you ever find a solution? I'm going through the same thing. I'd like the spacing of the Y-Axis to be much smaller, which can easily be done in Excel, so the breakdown categories aren't as extreme.

jordancole0517_0-1624565212298.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

No 😕 I didn't find anything that allows me to control that.

Not sure it's possible 

Hi - I had the same issue and solved it by creating a simple measure. It works fine. I did this:

WF_label = Starting point * (starting point/end point) - .1)

Changed the Y-Axis Range from auto to conditional formatting.

abhishekrws01_0-1697657531229.png

If I switch to auto, my starting and end points are in Billions, and the variances are in K or M.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.