Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hamdan1234
Helper III
Helper III

Waterfall chart based on two columns

Hello,

I want to have waterfall chart it should represent three columns value one with total activities and two other columns should be showing increase and decrease column data all these will be based on date as axis. I am attaching my table below as well. 

MonthTotal ActiveOpened accounts (**bleep**)Closed accounts (**bleep**)IncreaseDecreaseDifference
Sep-199665     
Apr-2182991852321818523218-1366
Jun-2182551896330644-88-44
Sep-2179931938360942-303-262
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hamdan1234 ,

Based on the test data you provided, I don't think it's possible to create the corresponding waterfall chart. I think the choice of clustered column chart can show the change of increase or decrease more visually.

vhenrykmstf_0-1639465083381.png

For waterfall visual details, you can read related document link.

Waterfall charts in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide effective data models and desired results. Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Hamdan1234 ,

Based on the test data you provided, I don't think it's possible to create the corresponding waterfall chart. I think the choice of clustered column chart can show the change of increase or decrease more visually.

vhenrykmstf_0-1639465083381.png

For waterfall visual details, you can read related document link.

Waterfall charts in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide effective data models and desired results. Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hamdan1234
Helper III
Helper III

Hello @lbendlin ,

Actually I have the column for Total acive so I want Total active as big bar then increase and decrease values as per column. So as you can see for total active firt value it would be 9665 but it does not have increase and decrease so it would be zero increase and decrease, then when total active in second row woulde 8299 then increase and decrease value would be 1852 and 3218 as column increase and decrease 

How do you get from 9665 to 8299 without a decrease? Can you show a sample chart?

We don't have data for September before 2019 so we don't know how much cases were closed or opened.

A waterfall chart needs to have a baseline (starting) value.  Maybe use a different visual.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Like this?

lbendlin_0-1639177476556.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.