Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

naoyixue1
Post Patron
Post Patron

Waterfall Demand History Visualization

Hey there,

Is there any way to have below visualization in the table or matrix. ( each Item is associated with Month from Jan thru Dec. For example, A item from Jan thru Dec, and then B item from Jan thru Dec). But When I put everything in the BI, it shows below. (A item thru Z item in Jan, and then A item thru Z item in Feb).  Do you know how to design that format? Thanks 

Ideal Format:

naoyixue1_2-1652681269324.png

Current BI View

naoyixue1_3-1652681358670.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey there,

Thanks for your checking.  See below table. We have different versions of forecast which is based on which month we made the forecast. For example, V1 forecast is the forecast we made in Jan. Given that, everything was forecast from Jan thru Dec. V2 forecast is the forecast we made in Feb, but we actualized Jan as true ship. Same methldology, V3 forecast is the forecast we made in Mar. the related Jan and Feb are the true ship.  To create below table in BI, we help the different audience to check ship vs forecast by different version (horizontally checking). So we will know what the forecast trend in the month by different version of forecast. For example, I highligted the actual ship in blue as below.  For A item, we finally shipped 78 units in Apr, but V1 Apr forecast Apr was 14, V2 Apr forecast was 91, V3 Apr forecast was 83 and V4 Apr forecast was 13. From those trend, we will know why our raw materials was overconsumed or underconsumed.  That's the purpose why we want to create that report in BI

naoyixue1_2-1652942640416.png

But  the one I put everything in BI table format, it shows below. And In that table, month cannot be sorted, even I add a conditional column from 1 to 12, to try to sorted the month in the table, but still cannot. It shows different SKUs by the same month, (see below)

naoyixue1_3-1652943675594.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @naoyixue1 ;

You should add another column in power query.

Method 1:

add index coulmn.

vyalanwumsft_0-1652945074522.png

and then create a table.

vyalanwumsft_1-1652945093730.png

Method 2:create a sort column by month.

vyalanwumsft_2-1652945149826.png

Then add a matrix and sort by this column.

vyalanwumsft_3-1652945446624.png

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_4-1652945466304.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. It works for me. Thank you so much!

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @naoyixue1 ;

Can you share a simple file after removing sensitive information? According to the simple file, the output result is presented. At present, the data of the two graphs are different so that I cannot understand them well.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey there,

Thanks for your checking.  See below table. We have different versions of forecast which is based on which month we made the forecast. For example, V1 forecast is the forecast we made in Jan. Given that, everything was forecast from Jan thru Dec. V2 forecast is the forecast we made in Feb, but we actualized Jan as true ship. Same methldology, V3 forecast is the forecast we made in Mar. the related Jan and Feb are the true ship.  To create below table in BI, we help the different audience to check ship vs forecast by different version (horizontally checking). So we will know what the forecast trend in the month by different version of forecast. For example, I highligted the actual ship in blue as below.  For A item, we finally shipped 78 units in Apr, but V1 Apr forecast Apr was 14, V2 Apr forecast was 91, V3 Apr forecast was 83 and V4 Apr forecast was 13. From those trend, we will know why our raw materials was overconsumed or underconsumed.  That's the purpose why we want to create that report in BI

naoyixue1_2-1652942640416.png

But  the one I put everything in BI table format, it shows below. And In that table, month cannot be sorted, even I add a conditional column from 1 to 12, to try to sorted the month in the table, but still cannot. It shows different SKUs by the same month, (see below)

naoyixue1_3-1652943675594.png

naoyixue1
Post Patron
Post Patron

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.