Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mahua-a-das

Waterfall Chart

Hi All, I have implemented waterfall chart in my report where i have encountered an issue as i wanted to display value for waterfall chart as % as well as Number . And i have created a measure which works as dynamic with the selection of  my filter slicer as " Absolute value " should give = Number ,  " Percentage" should give =  Number%. But i am not able to format the number as % in my percentage calculation . However my % calculation is correct just  i need the % symbol which should display with the value . But Format % is not working in the measure i have created . Can anyone help me in this scenario . 

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mahua-a-das

I build a table as below to have a test.

1.png

Two measures:

Profit = Sum(Sell[Price])-SUM(Sell[Cost])

Profit% = DIVIDE(Sell[Profit],SUM(Sell[Cost]))

Select Profit% and choose % in measure tools

2.png

Then I build a waterfall chart, result is as below:

3.png

If this reply still couldn't help you to solve this problem, please tell me how did you adjust the percentage format and the version of waterfall chart is default or others. And you can provide me with more details about your issue just like a screen shot or share me with your pbix file by your Onedrive for Business.

You can download the pbix file from this link:Waterfall Chart

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi Rico ,

I Agree your solution but which is not exactly match with my solution , I would like to highlight here that i have created a disconected table in my report which should work as a slicer in my report and i should write only one measure which will give me "Number value" as well as " Percentage value " in my waterfall chart with dynamic selection of my slicer . So i could not use the tool based % which you explained in your reply beacuse i have two value one is number and one is percentage , if i would change the data type as % from tool like you explained the " Number value " also will change as % which is not my requirement . Hence i need to calculate the percentage in the measure and need to write some dax format function . however the Format function is not working and it is changing the data type as text which is also not correct . Please let me know if this scenario is feasible in waterfall chart ...

Hi @mahua-a-das 

You want to use a slicer to change the value from Number to % in waterfall chart. To achieve your goal, we need to download a new  tool —— Tabular Editor. Download from this link: Tabular Editor

After you install it , you need to open the selection in option.

1.png

Build measures.

0 = 0
Diff = Sum(Sell[Price])-SUM(Sell[Cost])
Profit% = DIVIDE(Sell[Diff],SUM(Sell[Cost]))
ProfitNum = DIVIDE(Sell[Diff],SUM(Sell[Cost]))

Open Tabular Editor in External Tool and create a new group in it.

2.png

Create two calculation Items in group as below.

3.png

4.png

Use Ctrl+S  to save it.

Finally let's build a waterfall chart and a slicer.

Select %:

5.png

Select Num:

6.png

You can download the pbix file from this link: Waterfall chart

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.