Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waterfall Chart with Two Dates

Hello!

First time posting and I have some sample data.   sample 

I have three tables:

Key Table

Purchasing Table

Delivery Table

There are multiple orders Purchase Orders open, each with their own quantity being sent to a specific location. 

The Stock_Needed Table will show at which date how many parts are needed.

With the example I have, Part A has 6 Orders Open from 1/1/2021 - 11/1/2021, to total 64. These are individual orders being sent at different dates.

Part A needs a total of 5 of those 64 parts, with 3 needed first on 6/1/2021.  

I want to create a Waterfall Chart that will showcase all of the stock arriving on location, but also highlight the loss of inventory when it is getting taken away.

Something measures I've tried in order to get this figured out.

In order to summarize the key table to produce one value per unique ID - 

Total_PO_Open = SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Key_Table', Key_Table[Part_Number], Key_Table[PO_Key], "POQuantity", MAX('Key_Table'[PO_OpenQuantiy])), ([POQuantity]))

I did the same as above, but for the Stock Needed.

I think my issue is with relating dates, because both of my measures reflect what I'm looking for in a table, but as soon as I bring in the opposite date it goes back to repeating values.

First time posting, so I hope I covered everything.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Believe that you need to have a date dimension table to grab all the values in the correct dates, however I'm having difficulty in understanding your explanation alongside with the model you have, you talk about a total of 64 for 5 PO but I get 60 not really sure if I'm using the same columns for filtering has you.

can you share a little bit more how you cnostruct your table visualizations, what are the columns you are using?

Also do you know what is the expected look of the waterfall that you need to obtain?

So that I can get the same results and then go from there to help you achieve the correct answer.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.