cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olivier1 Visitor
Visitor

Re: Waterfall Chart using multiple measures

You can actually create a new table containing the names of your measures (You can write them manually). You can then use this table as your category in your waterfall and create a new measure for your Y axis. My measure looks like ; WF Measures = VAR Meas = SELECTEDVALUE('Waterfall 2'[Column1]) return SWITCH(TRUE(); Meas = "Ending Inventory (LY)" ;1 ;Meas = "Beginning Inventory (Feb)";-1 ; Meas = "Production" ; 1; Meas = "Sales" ; -1;Meas = "Interco & Adjustments *" ;4 ;Meas = "Ending Inventory (Act)" ; 1; -10) **You can replace the numbers with the measure you want it to calculate**

cyongt_bdf Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Yes, you can do it via a workaround in DAX formula and a control table.

1. Create a table with matching "measure" name:

image.png

2. Create an additional measure for your waterfall chart, you may apply + or - for your measure to get the waterfall sentiment:

Waterfall value = 
    SWITCH (
        SELECTEDVALUE ( Table1[Index] );
        1; +[Measure 1];
        2; +[Measure 2];
        3; -[Measure 3];
        BLANK()
    )

3. Apply the new measure in your waterfall chart, with the category based on the table field created (Note that you need to sort it via the category, use hierarchical drill-down if needed):

image.png

Cheers!

Mr_Glister Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Really good idea and perfect instructions!

James_Bennett Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Are you able to confirm that the idea posted above worked succesfully? I haven't had time to revisit this, but if it worked for you I will mark it as the solution. 

gsaneja01 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

How could we remove total bar in the end of this chart?

Cali_2020 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@gsaneja01 wrote:

How could we remove total bar in the end of this chart?

Have you been able to remove the "total" bar from the chart?

Cali_2020 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have seen that the "total" column can "disappear" by using a breakdown field; however, with this solution, how would you create that breakdown field?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Stuart_S Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Great solution cyongt_bdf,

One small improvement I figued out while trying this is to make an additional column in the new table. You will use this new column field as your Category. This field be whatever you want your X-axis titles to be. For example, "1: Measure 1", "2: Measure 2". This way you do not have to drill down to get the x-axis to look the way you want, and you can still make the order of the items static.

I used a DAX formula like the following to make this new column:
X-Axis Titles = 'Table1'[Index]&": "&'Table 1'[Measure]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 250 members 3,125 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: