Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paulalvaro
Frequent Visitor

Waterfall Chart for Pricing Changes

Good afternoon all,

I have just started utilising Power Bi (still very novice) and I am hoping to get some assistance in creating a visual report.

Basically, I am trying to trend historical price adjustments for a multiple of various SKU's over multiple time periods, using a waterfall chart (if this isn't the best chart type to use, i am open to any recommendations)

I am looking to introduce the visual to begin at a top level category, and then drill down to two lower category levels. if the chart can only pull in the value of the SKU at each time period that is ok, but I would really like to see the % difference (rise / fall %) between each time period. 

One of the issues I have is that the data I have to use is 1.9mil records, and I cannot export this to excel to work the data into an easier to use format. See the below pic for a sample of data set.

How would you suggest I should go about creating the required chart? 

Sample.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi paulalvaro,

As a general solution, you may create a measure to calculate the difference between each time period. Could you share some sample data for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Good morning Jimmy,

Thanks for that, I am unsure how I would write the measure to pick up the changes by SKU, Date & Price unfortunately.

The attached link should take you to the sample data in xlsx format. 

Sample.XLSX

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.