Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PetrM
Frequent Visitor

Waterfall Chart - actual top change hidden in Other

Hi,

I have a waterwall chart with a very large Other category and couple of small increases / decreases. However, I know for a fact that there is a large change hidden in the Other category. When I fliter for that specific customer, the very same waterfall chart correctly shows the related candle and its large value. Without the filter, however, I don't see the largest change.

Any ideas on what could be the reason for this behavior?
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PetrM
Frequent Visitor

I found out that when I filter for Measure > 0, the issue is magically corrected and all the real top changes appear in the chart. I hope this workaround has no side-effects, but it looks like there is no need for the zero cases.

It still feels like a bug as I would expect the chart to handle zeros. I'm surprised this is not a known issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PetrM
Frequent Visitor

I found out that when I filter for Measure > 0, the issue is magically corrected and all the real top changes appear in the chart. I hope this workaround has no side-effects, but it looks like there is no need for the zero cases.

It still feels like a bug as I would expect the chart to handle zeros. I'm surprised this is not a known issue.

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PetrM ,

If you want to view the large change hidden in the other category, please put the corresponding field into the Breakdown.

vyadongfmsft_1-1664958282817.png

For more information, please refer to: Waterfall charts in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, @v-yadongf-msft 

I do have that field (client) in Breakdown but it doesn't seem to work correctly.  While all the "non-Other" changes are very small (say +3, +2, +1, -1, -2, -3), the "Other" column is very large (-200.000). That in itself looks wrong. And it is wrong since I know that there is a client with -52.000 change. And when I filter for that client, it is displayed correctly in the waterfall chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors