Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Waterfall Chart - Tooltip to show change detail

Hello!

I have a list of employees working for my company, month by month and I would like to show the variation of the quantity (new hires and fired people) using a waterfall chart, which is working fine. My problem starts when I want to see the details about who left the company and who joined us. 

In the Table below you can see that in JAN we had 5 employess and in February we had 6. The change in the waterfall chart shows 1. 

I would like to see the details of this change represented by the name of the employees that left the company: "Luciana Andrade" (-1) and the new hired people: "Juliana Batista" and "Fabiano Andrade" (+2).

MonthEmployee NameHeadcountChange
2018 01Fernanda Machado1Change
2018 01Janaina Almeida1Change
2018 01Juliana Albuquerque1Change
2018 01Luiz da Silva1Change
2018 01Luciana Andrade1Change
2018 02Fernanda Machado1Change
2018 02Janaina Almeida1Change
2018 02Juliana Albuquerque1Change
2018 02Luiz da Silva1Change
2018 02Juliana Batista1Change
2018 02Fabiano Andrade1Change
2018 03Juliana Batista1Change
2018 03Fabiano Andrade1Change
2018 03Fernanda Machado1Change
2018 03Janaina Almeida1Change
2018 03Juliana Albuquerque1Change
2018 03Luiz da Silva1Change
2018 03Jose Manuel1Change

Capture.PNG

Current the tooltip is just showing me the Firts name of the original list, so it isn`t showing the change itself at all.

I tried to insert a Table to show the names but it also shows just the original list of names, even if I click over the change in the waterfall chart.

I don`t want to change the Breakdown from "Change" to "Employee Name" because using my real data it would have too many results, making my graph horrible to ready.

Capture2.PNG

Hope you can help me!!

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

As tested, it can't support to change the tooptip to something like

"Luciana Andrade" (-1) and the new hired people: "Juliana Batista" and "Fabiano Andrade" (+2)

As a workaround,

You may change the Breakdown from "Change" to "Employee Name"  but set "max breakdowns" to a limited number which wouldn't make your graph horrible.

please see my pbix Page5

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-waterfall-charts

you may add a report tooltip (Page1~Page4)

please see my pbix

Reference: Report tooltip

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.