Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GQJ
Frequent Visitor

Waterfall Chart - Tooltip does not appear on breakdown columns

Hi All,

I hope everybody's doing well. I am encountering a problem with my Waterfall Chart. I am trying to show the key factors that drive a numerical change from one period to another, breaking it down by activity. Illustration below:

GQJ_0-1652790398202.png

As an extra level of detail, I would like to add a Pie Chart tooltip that breaks down these figures between our different operating regions. However, the tooltip only appears on the full columns, not on the breakdowns. Please find the illustration below:

Here is what happens when I hover over he blue column.

GQJ_1-1652790621486.png

And here is what happens when I hove hover any breakdown column (green or red)

GQJ_2-1652795263709.png

I have covered the financial information because I am not allowed to disclose them, but you can see that the Pie Chart tooltip is not displayed anymore.

I am now wondering: is it impossible to have the tooltip displayed when I hover over a breakdown column (because this function is not supported yet by Power BI), or am I doing something wrong.

Thank you very much and have an excellent day.

Best regards,

FM

2 REPLIES 2
GQJ
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-luwang-msft ,

Thank you for your answer. I looked into the file you attached, but it seems that the solution that you are offering wokrs because there is no data in the 'Breakdown' field of the Waterfall Chart:

GQJ_0-1653034747647.png

As soon as I add a data field in the "Breakdown" field, for example "Column 1", the tooltip stops appearing when I hover over the breakdown columns:

GQJ_1-1653034933463.png

I have tried changing the option from  'show tooltip when Summarized'  to ' show tooltip when used as category'  and  turning on the option "Keep all filters" in the Tooltip page, and even by changing the datafield in the 'Tooltip' field, it does not work.

Do you have any other idea? Maybe I am missing something.

Thank you very much in advance,

FM

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GQJ ,

You could refer the following sample :(Returns a different tooltop depending on the subdivision column)

vluwangmsft_0-1653030526322.pngvluwangmsft_1-1653030533640.png

You can take a try to change the option from  'show tooltip when Summarized'  to ' show tooltip when used as category'  and  turn on the option "Keep all filters"

vluwangmsft_2-1653030603867.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.