Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hervema
Employee
Employee

Waterfall Chart PER HOUR

Hello,

I'm working on a small IOT project. I have a sensor sending values every minute. I get these data in an table like sample below.

what I would like to do is :

- an average of temperature per hour (to achieve that I have a dim date per hour)

- create a waterfall chart showing increase/decrease in temperature per hour...

For this last point I'm blocked and I don't see the approach I have to follow to achieve.

I saw some sample involved measure to get variance by using for example this kind of dax : 

(CALCULATE([Total Sales];SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date])). The best should be to have the equivalent of SAMEPERIODLASTHOUR but that doesn't exist 🙂

Could you please give me some tips to achieve ? 

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

SampleData.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@hervema  solution attached, I hope it will get you started, make changes as per your need.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@hervema can you share the sample data in excel sheet using onedrive/google drive.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hello, sure

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvLcuIKM0555p9g7ZlSHwdksC0mbmg

Regards,

Hervema

@hervema  solution attached, I hope it will get you started, make changes as per your need.

Hello,

Awesome ! great tips, solution is working perfectly. Many thanks for your help. Have an excellent day. Regards.

WaterfallPerHourResult.jpg

@hervema that looks good. Glad I could help. Cheers!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors