Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Was there a change to filter flow in DAX?

Did I miss a note in one of the recent updates to PowerBI?  In my example model I have Customers and Stores sitting over Orders and Quotes.

RelationshipsModel.jpg

I would have bet money that pulling Store Number and Customer Number into a matrix would have resulted in either a cartesian join or an error of "Unable to determine relationship" but instead it works fine and only stores related to the customer are shown.

Keep in mind I have no measure in the visual, just customer number and store number from the two dimension tables.

RelationshipsWithFilter.jpg

But to me that means the filtering is flowing "uphill".  Down from Stores to Orders and Quotes then back up to Customers.

RelationshipsFilterFlow.jpg

What am I missing?  I have attached my testing file for people to look at.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

There is relationship between three tables, so I think they could affect each other when no measure. If you apply measure on it , it might will be wrong when you use single direction. You could refer to What is the Direction of Relationship in Power BI? foe details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

There is relationship between three tables, so I think they could affect each other when no measure. If you apply measure on it , it might will be wrong when you use single direction. You could refer to What is the Direction of Relationship in Power BI? foe details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.