cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmutch
Frequent Visitor

Was Top N functionality removed from visual level filters?

In the old Power BI experience you could go to the visual level filters and change the filter type from "Basic filtering" to "Top N", however with the new filtering experience in the most recent update I am unable to locate this functionality. Was it removed or is this option located somewhere else? I can find DAX workarounds but it was quite easy before and wondering if I am just missing something here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Was Top N functionality removed from visual level filters?

Hello @kmutch 

I am running the July 2019 version and still have the TopN option.  The filtering options you have depend on the field type you are tyring to filter though.

TopN.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV
Super User IV

Hello @kmutch 

I am running the July 2019 version and still have the TopN option.  The filtering options you have depend on the field type you are tyring to filter though.

TopN.jpg

View solution in original post

kmutch
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @jdbuchanan71 , I was not thinking it through logically and tried to apply this to the measure field itself rather than the field I acutally wanted to rank and adding the measure as the dependent value. Always good to get a fresh set of eyes on things.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors