Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RodrigoTXRA
Helper I
Helper I

Warning when Market Share falls below

Please see Sample Data through this link

Hi All

I have a matrix where it displays my clients and how much they have purchased with us as well as with competitors.

The challenge that I have at the moment is that we have more than 1000 clients on this matrix and I would like to easily identify those clients who are falling behind in the Market Share.

i.e. It could be a filter where it would ONLY display clients who have less than 50% market share with us the ABC CO.

This way I would not require to scroll down the matrix to identify these clients.

Have any of you come across something similar? 

I would appreciate any assistance on this

Regards

Rodrigo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Rather than use % Row total you need to write a few measures.

Revenue = SUM(Dashboard[Base Amount])
Share = CALCULATE([Revenue],Dashboard[Bought_from_us_or_Competitor]="ABC CO") / [Revenue]

With these measures and using [Share] in your visual you can sort by Market Share and put the lowest on top.  See link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuCIkLeqFmlhhJh6m05vmpRbIHQVcw

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Rather than use % Row total you need to write a few measures.

Revenue = SUM(Dashboard[Base Amount])
Share = CALCULATE([Revenue],Dashboard[Bought_from_us_or_Competitor]="ABC CO") / [Revenue]

With these measures and using [Share] in your visual you can sort by Market Share and put the lowest on top.  See link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuCIkLeqFmlhhJh6m05vmpRbIHQVcw

Hey @Seward12533 have you used What If analyses in Power BI?

Lets say now that I am able to display only those companies which are falling behind in market share, would we be able to analyse those clients by asking power bi to display how much revenue would shift towards my company if my Market share increased 5%?

Isnt that just .05*[Revenue] since that represents the total available market?

For the what if you could also create a disconnected sliver of percentage amounts and then use SELECTEDVALUE to harvest the user selection and then use that as the percentage.

Since this is a numeric number you could use the New Parametrr button on the Modeling Tab to create both the lookup table and harvest measure for you automatically.

@Seward12533 this is perfect, I added this Share Measure into the filter and applied the amounts I wanted to see. Thank you very much for this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.