Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vpray
Helper II
Helper II

Warning - visual interactions "looks" broken in October 2016 update

Hi all, heads-up - I just realized that when editing interactions in Desktop, Oct. 2016 update (64bit), it appears that if you change the interaction on one visual, it applies to all the other visuals. (e.g. no more independant interactions between different slicers).

This seems to be a screen update problem - if you move to another page then back again, the interactions are correct.

(this is not a problem in September 2016 release).

Thought I'd post it in case anyone else saw it and came here searching.

I went to send a frown but that seems to be gone now? (haven't done that in a while so not sure when it disappeared...)

Happy Friday,

Vincent

8 REPLIES 8
vpray
Helper II
Helper II

This problem is not resolved and I’ve gotten no feedback from anyone on the Power BI or MS support teams.
When we used to have a problem and ‘send a frown’, the response was within a couple of hours. I guess this forum is our only option now? 

@vpray Have you submitted the issue to the issues forum? Or searched to see if others are experiancing it?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer, no I guess not. I did not see an "issues" forum when I was submitting this earlier in November. I did submit it, but it was confusing. I started on the support site, but my post ended up (I think) in the ideas forum. As I said, I did not see any links for an "Issues" forum at the time, but I see it now. At any rate, still haven't heard anything about it. (Honestly, it wasn't something I used very often, so I had not followed up on it.)

I will submit something on the issues forum and see if that helps.

thanks,

Vincent

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Unfortunately, all Power BI related issues are to be brought up in the community.

The Power BI Team have said they will be monitoring this forums actively instead. I beg to differ...

@djnww, thanks for the info! I appreciate it.

@vpray The PowerBI blog is a great place to keep up to date with features, but for these "fix" versions they don't get a lot of publicity. I've only seen the notification in the posts that bring up the issues in the Community.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@vpray Interesting, I haven't had any issues and I just used the feature today... What version are you on? the first or second Oct release 🙂 I just tested this again and it seems to be working... (vers: 2.40.4554.463 64-bit (October 2016))

ps. the changes to feedback and support rolled out a month ago, I think the frown went with them. blog here

@Seth_C_Bauer, thanks for the reply! I grabbed the later October version, but the problem remains. I also created a new file from scratch, just to make sure it wasn't the pbix file I was using. On a side note, what is the best way to be alerted of new releases to pbi desktop? I always see the alert within pbid, but is there something else you've subscribed to that let's you know? this is the second time I've missed a "fix" that came out shortly after the initial monthly update. Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.