Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to sum Quota for year dynamically it should add the sales from every month field

Hi All,

I have Quota table in which i have sales for every month(Jan, Feb etc) in this table but the problem is the sales is available in every month fields(below snapshot FYR),

JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNov

So i want to calculate these sales dynamically and it should pick the current month column when month changes, How we can achieve this. Plz suggest.

I am using the DAX for manual calculation till october but when it comes to Nov this should be dynamic-

QuotaYTD = SUMX(Quota, Quota[jan]+Quota[feb]+Quota[mar]+Quota[apr]+Quota[may]+Quota[jun]+Quota[jul]+Quota[aug]+Quota[sep]+Quota[oct])

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

it is no exactly dynamic, I explain it better.

In the formula you must type all the months of the year:

QuotaYTD =
VAR varJan = sum(Hoja1[Jan])
VAR varFeb = sum(Hoja1[Jan]) + sum(Hoja1[Feb])
VAR varOct = sum(Hoja1[Jan]) + sum(Hoja1[Feb]) + ... + sum(Hoja1[Oct])
VAR varNov = sum(Hoja1[Jan]) + sum(Hoja1[Feb]) + ... + sum(Hoja1[Oct]) + sum(Hoja1[ONov])
VAR varDec = sum(Hoja1[Jan]) + sum(Hoja1[Feb]) + ... + sum(Hoja1[Oct])+ sum(Hoja1[ONov]) + sum(Hoja1[Dec])
RETURN
SWITCH(MONTH(TODAY());
1; varJan;
2; varFeb;
10; varOct;
11; varNov;
12; varDec;
)

So, when month(today()) matches with the number in the list it will return the variable corresponding to that month.

The only problem I find is what will happen if a month does not exist in your table, so perhaps you have to rewrite the formula writting ifblanksum(Hoja1[Oct]), 0) for each month.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Try to create the following measure:

QuotaYTD =
RETURN
SWITCH(MONTH(TODAY());
1; varJan;
2; varFeb;
10; varOct;
)

I tried it and it works
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you please tell me if month changes to November so this will work or not because I want to add them dynamically when month changes..

Thanks..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

it is no exactly dynamic, I explain it better.

In the formula you must type all the months of the year:

QuotaYTD =
VAR varNov = sum(Hoja1[Jan]) + sum(Hoja1[Feb]) + ... + sum(Hoja1[Oct]) + sum(Hoja1[ONov])
VAR varDec = sum(Hoja1[Jan]) + sum(Hoja1[Feb]) + ... + sum(Hoja1[Oct])+ sum(Hoja1[ONov]) + sum(Hoja1[Dec])
RETURN
SWITCH(MONTH(TODAY());
1; varJan;
2; varFeb;
10; varOct;
11; varNov;
12; varDec;
)

So, when month(today()) matches with the number in the list it will return the variable corresponding to that month.

The only problem I find is what will happen if a month does not exist in your table, so perhaps you have to rewrite the formula writting ifblanksum(Hoja1[Oct]), 0) for each month.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply, For now it is working fine...Thanks alot

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your data changes every month, you'd better combine these month columns into a separate month column in your original data source. Then you can create measure like DAX below.

Measure1 = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[sale]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Month] =MAX(Table1[Month])))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai ,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.