cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vamshik153 Helper IV
Helper IV

Want to know about Data Flows

Hi all,

Can anyone let me know what are Dataflows actually and how is it useful? i have been working with power bi since 9 months, i usually get my data from oracle database using "Get data" option dealing with 20 millions of data. So, how Data flows concept helps me here.

Looking for answers.

TIA

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Want to know about Data Flows

Take a look here: https://ssbipolar.com/2018/11/22/positioning-power-bi-dataflows/ 

Dataflows can reduce the amount of queries sent to the underlying datasources. So especially if you don't have a datawarehouse but query your (ERP-) systems directly with many users, storing data in dataflows can make sense for example.

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark my post as a solution. Thanks!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

Microsoft V-lianl-msft
Microsoft

Dataflows can help organizations unify data from disparate sources and prepare it for modeling.
You can refer to these:

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Take a look here: https://ssbipolar.com/2018/11/22/positioning-power-bi-dataflows/ 

Dataflows can reduce the amount of queries sent to the underlying datasources. So especially if you don't have a datawarehouse but query your (ERP-) systems directly with many users, storing data in dataflows can make sense for example.

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark my post as a solution. Thanks!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Microsoft V-lianl-msft
Microsoft

Dataflows can help organizations unify data from disparate sources and prepare it for modeling.
You can refer to these:

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors