Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lashelleinman

Want to create a burndown chart of completed project milestones

I've got multiple projects set up in Project Online that I'm pulling into a PowerBI report. Within each project, there are tasks that have been identified as milestones ('TaskIsMilestone' = True). When these milestones are complete, 'TaskPercentCompleted' = 100.

I'd like to create a visual to show the total number of milestones for each project and the number completed. In a perfect world, I'd create some sort of KPI chart that had my target as the count of milestones with a 'TaskFinishDate' <= today (or another date I could plug in). (I'll get status updates monthly so using today could be misleading...) That way I can see the number completed against the number I should have completed.

Additionally, each project belongs to one of 4 programs, identified with a custom field called 'Program'. I'd like to roll up my milestone count to the program level and show the same thing - total number of milestones by Program and the number of milestones completed to date.

I'm new to PowerBI and not a programmer, so would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

I'm afraid that wasn't quite what I was looking for. I found an easy solution using the Bullet Chart 2.0.1 visualization. The Target Value is a count of 'TaskIsMilestone' and the Value is a quick measure that takes a count of 'TaskIsMilestone' where 'TaskPercentCompleted' = 100. This quickly shows how many milestones have been completed against the total number of milestones.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.