Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AshDil
Helper V
Helper V

Want to create Calculated columns in Power bi desktop with Power bi dataset connection

Hi,

I have connected to Power bi dataset from Power bi desktop. 

AshDil_0-1647924535614.png

Now, I want to create as some calculated columns and transformations on that dataset. But I see all are disabled.

AshDil_1-1647924747594.pngAshDil_2-1647924763526.png

Please help me to do it.

Please let me know the advantages and limitations of connecting to Power bi datasets.

Thanks,

AshDil.

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AshDil , I doubt you can add calculated on a live connection 

Hi @amitchandak ,

I'm not able to see whether the connection is live or import for Power bi dataset.

Please help me to know how to deal with power bi dataset.

Thanks,

AshDil

Hi, @AshDil 

The Power bi Desktop connection to the Power bi dataset is a live connection. Unable to create calculated columns, you can try to create Maesure.

vzhangti_0-1648177005613.png

The following link can be consulted for more information about the processing and limitations of the Power bi dataset.

https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-report-lifecycle-datasets 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.