Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UI
Frequent Visitor

Want to change the data source from excel to json

Hi Folks,

I  want to change the datasource from xlsx to json, but getting error. Can any one give me solution on this.

UI_0-1648629997590.png

Regards,

Pratik.S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @UI .

Copy the .json code into a notepad and click on save as and save the file as .json.
Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Sanket.

If this post helps, then mark it as 'Accept as Solution' and give it a thumbs up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @UI .

Copy the .json code into a notepad and click on save as and save the file as .json.
Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Sanket.

If this post helps, then mark it as 'Accept as Solution' and give it a thumbs up.

Thanks sanket.

Regards,

Pratik

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

I suggest you keep the original Query with Excel as a source, and proceed as follows in a duplicate PBIX file to make sure you don't mess the original file.

In the new PBIX, create a new Query using the json file and change the names of the columns to reflect the exact same transformations and column names in the Excel query. Once you have completed it, copy the M-Code from the Json Query (which you access through the Advanced Editor under Home in the ribbon), go to the Excel Query's Advanced Editor and paste the copied code over the original code to repplace it. Check the integrity of measures etc...Once everyting is fine, you can delete the Json Query and save the duplicate file with the same name of the original PBIX to replace it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@UI , Double Click on "Source" option and change the file path.

Capture.JPG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.