Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gonrodrigues
Helper III
Helper III

Waffle chart

An easy question: in waffle chart, my group is 'gender' and what should i have in excel to value?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kiewic
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Waffle Chart author here.

The Waffle Chart works nice if all the input values are between 0 and 100, but if one of them is over 100, then, the maximum value in the input is considered the 100% value and the rest of the values are calculated using cross multiplication.

There is a nice way to fix this, and it is using the Maximum value column. For example, if the values are greater than 100, then, you can provide what value is 100% in the Maximum value like this:

Group,   Value, Maximum Value
Female,   3400,          6000
Male,     2600,          6000

Then Female will become 57% and Male will become 43%.

Let me know if this does not solve the problem.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Pallich
Frequent Visitor

Hello!
Tell me please, why do not properly display information if i use custom visuals WaffleChart???

I think, the problem is with the time zone. But how to fix it?

Thank you.

Skrin.jpg

kiewic
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Waffle Chart author here.

The Waffle Chart works nice if all the input values are between 0 and 100, but if one of them is over 100, then, the maximum value in the input is considered the 100% value and the rest of the values are calculated using cross multiplication.

There is a nice way to fix this, and it is using the Maximum value column. For example, if the values are greater than 100, then, you can provide what value is 100% in the Maximum value like this:

Group,   Value, Maximum Value
Female,   3400,          6000
Male,     2600,          6000

Then Female will become 57% and Male will become 43%.

Let me know if this does not solve the problem.

Viola
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I face some problems as well, all visuals seem to work following your instructions accept one, one column has only answers "Yes", the waffle chart displays 0% in that case? 

Do you know what this can be. It is all in the same table...

Thank you in advance for any support on that. 

Yes, after some work i figured that out a few days ago. That was exactly what i did!

Thanks! @kiewic

PS: Good job with waffle chart creation 🙂

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi gonrodrigues,

Could you please elaborate more details about your scenario? Do you create waffle chart visualization in Excel or in Power BI Desktop? We will appreciate it if you can post relevant screenshot.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-yuezhe-msft

I have an excel DB and i want to create a waffle chart in Power Bi Desktop.

Excel DBExcel DBPBi DesktopPBi Desktop

Waffle.jpg

The results should be 46% and 54% of a total of 6000 headcount and not the percentage of "feminino" when compared to a total of 'masculino' (3240).

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What worked for me was to create a Measure that calculates all items in the report excluding any items you would want to filter out. Then using this measure as your max value. This allows your data to display properly all the time, and not to rely on a fixed value. 

Example: 

Create a measure named "Max Value Example" as follows: 

Max Value Example = CALCULATE(count('Gender'[ItemID]),'Gender'[Male/Female]<>"")

I filtered blank values but if you have no null values you can just do a Count for all items.

Hi gonrodrigues,

Regarding to the WaffleChart visual issues, please directly contact the author. In this link, you can send an email to the author by clicking “Contact Author” as shown in the following screenshot.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not an easy question!

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

I really thought it was easy but for some reason i couldnt get the answer Smiley Sad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.