Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LucaA
Helper IV
Helper IV

Volume - Price - Mix Effects - Sample DB

Hi All,

i would need help on the split of volume, price and mix effects over 2 different level. Here below the image of my current situation and i also attach the PBI file.

Untitled.pngIn the first section (green one) you can see the solution with just volume and price effects. then when i include the mix i start having problems (mix total is wrong).

Moreover i would like to include these effects in a bridge visual but i am not able to do that using this "measure approach" 

@mahoneypati created another thread, i tried the solution but it is working perfectly (probably i am doing something wrong)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejlrtyeb0aotnpt/Prova%20Volume%20Price%20Mix.pbix?dl=0

3 REPLIES 3
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@LucaA 

Hi there. I don't quite understand what the calculations are? Can you please explain what you are trying to calculate and what the relavant fields?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

InkedUntitled_LI.jpg

@PaulDBrown  hi,

column 1 --> net total delta

column 2 and 3 --> split of total delta between price effect (2) and volume effect (3)

from column 4 i tried to include mix effect -->

(keep considering column 2 as price effect)

column 4 --> volume effect

column 5 --> mix effect 

column 6 --> total delta summing up column 2(price), column 4 (volume) and 5 (mix)

you can see that in column 2 and 4 deltas at product level sum up correctly, this is not true for column 5 (mix). This leads to a wrong column 6.

Moreover i would be able to bring everything into a bridge chart, but calculating everything with measures i am not able to do that.

Thanks in advance

Luca

Hi @LucaA 

There is a logic error in [Mix Effect Final2] measure. When it calculates for a category, the values of [Mix Ratio CY] and [Mix Ratio PY] are both 100% so the difference between them is 0, making the mix total value is 0. 

112702.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.