Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Domenick
Helper IV
Helper IV

Vizualization that shows Min, Max, and Average values?

I'm thinking something like a box and whisker chart, but I wasn't able to find something that looks aesthetically pleasing in the AppSource. I'd like it to look nice and easy to read, and it needs to have a "legend" feature (as there are multiple entities for which I'd like to show a min, max, and average).

Anyone have any recommendations?

6 REPLIES 6
plaralema
Advocate III
Advocate III

hI I'M looking for the same thing

so far, i just use a table as an image with an R Code but...i just know that cant' be used on Tooltips ... 

this is the code if it helps you

# El código siguiente, que crea un dataframe y quita las filas duplicadas, siempre se ejecuta y actúa como un preámbulo del script:

# dataset <- data.frame(Consumo_Real_DRT, Fecha, DRT)
# dataset <- unique(dataset)

# Pegue o escriba aquí el código de script:
dp<-dataset

library(gridExtra)

grid.arrange(tableGrob(summary(dp)[1:6, 3:3]),nrow=1)

(i put 3 columns and my last column got the data) 

Domenick
Helper IV
Helper IV

I need more help figuring out how to use Charticulator than any of the tutorials I've found online so far. I don't think it will actually be able to accomplish what I'm looking to do.

Does anyone have any other recommendations to accomplish what I need?

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

It would also be relatively easy to make such a visual in Charticulator.  Have you considered that?

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

No, I haven't heard of Charticulator before. I'm looking at it now, and it looks awesome. I have no idea what I'm doing though. 😂

This is a good intro with demo.  There are others too.  Charticulator is fun.  Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quKFfLkp4Ck

Here's a tip.  When you upload your csv of mock data (unless you can upload real data), try to make it as close to your actual data as possible.  Especially when it comes to the # of data points/rows.  That way, when you export the pbiviz file and use it with real data, you won't have to go back to tweak it (e.g., text size).

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are also appreciated.  Please let me know if not.
Regards,
Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

jstorm
Resolver III
Resolver III

Have you tried the Candlestick chart from OKViz in the Appsource?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.