Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dustan
Frequent Visitor

Vizualization Slicer jumps to top on selection

I have a report broken into 4 different vizualisations for drilldown purposes.

Manager Bar Graph

Representative Bar Graph

Data Table

ARC GIS Maps for Power BI

Yesterday they behaved normally.   Selecting a Manager would filter the Representative by Manager.   Selecting a Representative would further filter the Data Table by that Representative.  Selecting a Data Point on the Table would further filter the Map by location.

Today when selecting a Sales Representative the slicer jumps back up to the top, and when selecting a data point the data table re-expands to show all data.

I see this has been a problem in the past but was supposed to be fixed in a May 2018 update.  Nothing was changed between yesterday and today but now it's not working as intented.

I have tried:

1. Re-installing Power BI Desktop

2. Changing the source

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am seeing the same problem, with the slicer jumping back to the top when a single item is selected.

Variables:

I have multi-select on.

Context:

This seems to only happen when the list of items in the slicer is very long, and you scroll down several times first before you click on something.

If you only scroll down once or twice, sometimes the slicer will stay put. You need to scroll down further and select an item.

This may have something to do with the slicer not pre-populating all the items. 

FYI, we were able to fix the issue by deleting the slicer from the report and putting a new one in. Not sure why that matters, but it fixed it for us. We had multiple users reporting the issue, and now it works for everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, @smithnb that's what I just tried! But I still have the issue. 😞 Thanks for letting me know what worked for you, though!

And I do have the newest version of Power BI... (still August... I don't believe September has come out yet...)

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Dustan,

I have made a test but can't reproduce your issue. Could you share a sample file with some dummy data for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

This is an issue to me, where after making a selection in the slicer it jumps back to the top. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.