Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mickjaeger
Frequent Visitor

Visuals

I am having problems with Power BI Desktop auto changing my visuals (after I make a change to my settings).  I do not have Lock Objects set because then I can't move it either.  

In my particular example I have a Matrix visual and it was formatted on my page nicely.  Then I made some edits to Row and Column fields to try displaying my data in a more usful way.  When I did this Power BI auto adjusted my page and now ALL of the content is off the top of the page and I can't see any of it.  I also can click and drag the visual back down onto my viewable screen.  

This seems to be a really big problem with Power BI, I've had this happen several times before.  Does anyone have a suggestion to prevent Power BI from auto scaling my visuals?  As mentioned above, Lock Objects isn't a good option because then I can't change them either.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mickjaeger 

If I understand you correctly, you want the field size being stabled, so the visual do not change when the text length change.

Try turn off Auto Size and Word Wrap under column headers and role headers, maybe change the alignment if needed. 

autooff.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Kinda crazy but I'm having trouble reproducing this issue now to verify these suggested solutions.  They both seem reasonable and I will keep in mind as I'm moving forward.

Thanks,

Mick

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mickjaeger , I do not remember Power BI adjust a visual. The only thing gets adjusted visible area. So if open more panes the area becomes small it shows small visuals and you close more panes it becomes larger.

If you think visual is scrolling. Just see if you can stop if by using scroll lock on the keyboard or windows virtual keyboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.