Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

h_l
Post Patron
Post Patron

Visuals with milestone or event note?

Hi there,

Is there a visual can display a chart with note on timeline?

E.g. user can add note in table or anywhere else and they will be displayed with data. (please ignore the date difference between table and chart, just for example)

h_l_2-1619788153237.png

h_l_1-1619787948778.png

IMO, this will make clean & clear view on project analysis, what result is possibly triggered by what changes.

Please advise if there is a visual suppor this.

Thanks in advance.

H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @h_l ,

I have found the cause of the issue. the x-axis constant line only apply for continuous x-axis. When you drill down to the weeknum, it become categorical type. so the x-axis constant line disappear.

You need to change your weeknum column to numeric use the following calculated column:

Weeknum = WEEKNUM(Table[DATE])

Then when you drill down to the weeknum level , the constant line will not disappear.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@h_l , x-axis constant line was introduced in March 2020,

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-march-2021-feature-summary/#post-14033-_Toc6550039...

But I doubt that will fir in for what you need

You need to check for some custom visual -https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?product=power-bi-visuals

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks for the information, this is helpful!

I can add another Gantt chart for note below the line chart with the function: X axis constant line for line charts.

However, I cannot find the option in my line visual.

Seems the option "X axis constant line" is only availabe when it is Date in X-Axis, once I apply Hierarchy with WeekNumber, it will not available.

h_l_2-1619791313680.png

I can only find "Y-Axis Constant Line"

h_l_1-1619791092467.png

Could you please help to advise?

Thanks & have a good day.

H

Hi @h_l ,

Why you need to put the two field in the x-axis? I suggest you use the build-in date hierarchy only. But based on my  test, it all works well in my environment.  Are you using the latest version of the desktop?

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft , can you please try to drill down the X-axis to "WeekNum" level? I just find before down to WeekNum level at my visual, the option was available, which means available at Year, Quarter, Month, but once I drill down to WeekNum level, the option disappears.

Hi @h_l ,

I have found the cause of the issue. the x-axis constant line only apply for continuous x-axis. When you drill down to the weeknum, it become categorical type. so the x-axis constant line disappear.

You need to change your weeknum column to numeric use the following calculated column:

Weeknum = WEEKNUM(Table[DATE])

Then when you drill down to the weeknum level , the constant line will not disappear.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft ,

Thanks for the reply.

After adding more column and make the intWeekNum to "Number",

h_l_5-1620310679627.png

I can see the option in some condition, but for following situations, there is a problem or the option is still not avaialbe:

If I use "Go to the next level in the Hierarchy", the option is available, but the X-axis contains no "YEAR" information.

h_l_0-1620310397027.png

(I've added the intWeekNum to Hierarchy)

h_l_2-1620310462164.png

From the upper level you can see, the Year is included in the data. So the expected result shall be the X-axis contains Year-intWeekNumber together in the first visual.

h_l_3-1620310493009.png

But if I use this option: Expand All Down Level in the Hierarchy, I can see the X-axis contains Year-intWeekNum which is good, but there is no "X-axis constant line" option...

h_l_4-1620310578512.png

Could you please help to this?

Thanks & have a good one.

Hi @h_l ,

As I mentioned above, the x-axis constant line only apply for continuous x-axis.  When you Expand All Down Level in the Hierarchy ,the x-axis became categorical type. so the x-axis constant line disappear.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft 

Putting 2 fields into X-axis is the most effective way I can find that to make it ranking by date when I apply WeekNum.

I tried to remove the "Date" but only keeping the Date Hirarchy, but as you can see, there is no X-axis.

h_l_0-1620247137457.png

h_l_1-1620247168910.png

Maybe I get something wrong setting in Hirarchy?

Can you advise where do you get the date hierarchy that can include WeekNum?

I use calculated columns in table:

h_l_2-1620247360904.png

h_l_3-1620247378504.png

Thanks.

H

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.