Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brianlarson
Frequent Visitor

Visuals on top of shape are disappearing when clicking on the shape

I've followed the instructions from the guy in the cube video: Build a Slicer Panel in Power BI and take it to the next level.

I added a rectangle, added a few slicers to it, grouped them together, and created bookmarks so I can hide and display as needed.  This works fine, however, when I'm displaying the group ( the rectangle with slicers on it), if I click on empty space in the rectangle, all the slicers on top of it disappear.  I have to click on another page, then come back to it in order to get them back.  I've verified the layer order is correct.  The shape is at the bottom in this grouping.  I need the slicers to continue to display  even if I click on empty space in the rectangle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @brianlarson ,

When you click on a shape, a visual whatever that visualization gets on top (in terms of view) so if you have a slicer and click on the empty part of a rectangle that is below it, the shape get highlited, you don't need to change page you just need to select other visualization to get the slicers back.

As you notice on the video Adam doesn't click on the shape so you cannot check this behaviour you are describing. 

When I Make this type of solutions what I do is to make the slicers on the same size as the reclatangle or just sliglthy smaller that will not give space for the user to select the rectangle by chance and get that issue.

Just push the size of the slicers and until the hedges of the rectangle.

It's a workaround but it works.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @brianlarson ,

When you click on a shape, a visual whatever that visualization gets on top (in terms of view) so if you have a slicer and click on the empty part of a rectangle that is below it, the shape get highlited, you don't need to change page you just need to select other visualization to get the slicers back.

As you notice on the video Adam doesn't click on the shape so you cannot check this behaviour you are describing. 

When I Make this type of solutions what I do is to make the slicers on the same size as the reclatangle or just sliglthy smaller that will not give space for the user to select the rectangle by chance and get that issue.

Just push the size of the slicers and until the hedges of the rectangle.

It's a workaround but it works.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

That's a great idea for working around it @MFelix !  I've made changes to the layout to minimize the empty space.  Muito obrigado!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.