Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visuals interactions - filtering using a specific fields only

Hello,

I would like to have interactions between Line Chart and Pie chart → when I click on Line chart bar, Pie Chart will show % share of elements.

The problem is, that the measure in line chart is a 'Value' column with filtered specific 'Type' column.

But the Pie Chart should show % share of items other than the one showing on the Line Chart for specific Month.

How to achieve that? I understand the default logic, that the filtered 'Type' item in Line chart is not present on Pie Chart, and the result is a blank chart if I click on specific month. But is there any way to make it work?

Visuals before I click on Month bar:

{84599083-E1E4-42A7-916B-9BB6E382AE3D}.png.jpg

After I click specific month, Pie Chart disappears:

{C99B0537-F106-4A68-BF67-22984D14B181}.png.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msftI've tried to replicate  visuals to send you a file, but it worked well. Checked again my report and after analysis it was an issue with data source 🙂 It's a pity I lost some time trying to configure visuals.

Please delete this topic if possible as it will not have any value for any users at this community 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

AFAIK, you can't custom on visuals interaction filters.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you use measure formula to replace default value fields, you can add if statement to check if current content is blank and return specific calculation result.

Can you please share a sample pbix file for test? It should help to test and coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msftI've tried to replicate  visuals to send you a file, but it worked well. Checked again my report and after analysis it was an issue with data source 🙂 It's a pity I lost some time trying to configure visuals.

Please delete this topic if possible as it will not have any value for any users at this community 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Check have you used fill interaction or filter interations

Interactions.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandakit does not matter in my case, any type of interaction gives me blank data on the Pie Chart after I click on month bar on Line Chart.

The problem is

- Line Chart includes only one Item from 'Type' column

- Pie Chart includes all items from 'Type' column except the one used in line chart

So after I click on the bar, I want to Pie Chart show me % share of the all other items, excluding the one which is on the Line Chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.