Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

akkarodia

Visuals from one page appearing on other pages without me putting them there. They cantbe deleted

I have a strange problem PowerBI desktop for no apparent reason some visuals from the first page appear on every following page without me putting them there.

I can click on them but cannot delete them . If i close the report and reopen it, the random visuals are no longer there. As soon as i click on the page that the random visuals are coming from and then click to another page the random visuals appear again. is this a bug in power BI or am i doing something silly 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
swoodfo1
Advocate I
Advocate I

I had the same issue, and here's what I did to fix it:

1. Grouped every visual/button/image/everything on the dashboard page into a group or subgroup
  2. Rename each group (double-click to rename) so that each group has a unique name. This is important that the groups cannot have duplicate names across the pages/dashboard.

After changes above, I was able to switch between the dashboard pages without the visuals/slicers duplicating on the other pages. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
swoodfo1
Advocate I
Advocate I

I had the same issue, and here's what I did to fix it:

1. Grouped every visual/button/image/everything on the dashboard page into a group or subgroup
  2. Rename each group (double-click to rename) so that each group has a unique name. This is important that the groups cannot have duplicate names across the pages/dashboard.

After changes above, I was able to switch between the dashboard pages without the visuals/slicers duplicating on the other pages. 

Hope this helps.

GaryWalton
Frequent Visitor

Hi, same issue here.

Grouped visuals often appearing on other pages.

This does not seem to be limited to groups copied into other pages.

It seems that not all groups are duplicating, I think that mine may be limited to the last item added to a group.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if anything changes as I build.

Power BI Desktop - Version: 2.75.5649.582 64-bit (November 2019)

Report initially created in a much earlier version ~ Jan / Feb 2019

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi akkarodia,

I test this in my environment, which works well. If possible, could you please show me the "random visual" in your report(by image or screenshot)? In addition , what is your desktop version? You could try to install newest version to see whether it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for replying Zoe Zhi. I have been on holiday hence my delay in responding. I cannot share a screen print as the visual has sensitive data. Someone else has replied with exactly the same problem. They suspect that it is related to groups, which i use on my slide as well

regards AK Karodia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will also add - that in some cases i was copying and pasting grouped visuals across tabs.  This may or may not have also contributed to the issue (please add to your testing...) Thank you!

I did the same thing. That is copying grouped visuals. I thnk i have a good hypothesis to test. thank you

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

Have you figure it out yet? 

It only happens to custom visuals in my report, that were grouped and copied from another pape.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am experiencing this same issue. Was a solution ever found here? 

Pjm 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Visuals are crossing onto other tabs for no reason.  It's not clear what the root cause is - but I suspect it might have something to do with the grouping function.  Once these visuals duplicate, they won't delete - and will appear on unrelated pages when the tab is changed.  

I am unable to screenshot the issue as it contains sensitive data. 

This only started to occur after the Sept 2019 update.  

I can force a render error if I try to select the duplicate visual and try to remove the measure from the field.  However, at the point when the visuals appear like this - there is nothing I can do (except revert to a previous saved version) to fix the problem. 

Thank you for responding and sharing your issue. It is eaxctly the issue i have. I am also using grouping on the page that seems to be the issue. I think that the grouping might be the problem. I am unsure if this happened before the Sept release or not.

I am also unable to share the visual due to sensitive data. As soon as i have some time i will remove all grouping and see that helps.

regards AK Karodia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.