Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gabrielmm
Regular Visitor

Visuals dissapear after April update

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with visuals since the april update. When creating reports in power bi desktop the visuals just dissapear when saving and reopening the pbix.

is anyone experiecing this too? it's a very annoying behaviour of the tool since I lost several already formated visuals and I have to create all over again.

for example, yesterday I was working with a pbix and created several visuals, today I opened it and some of them were deleted.

I tried 32 and 64 bits version same behaviour, and several pbix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are several threads on here reporting the same thing.  It's not that they disappear, but they alter height and width dimensions to zero.  If you hover near the top left corner of where they were, you'll be able to select and resize them.

Mine's here:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/April-Update-Problems-Copy-Paste-causing-objects-to-lose/m-p...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
DrBiker
Advocate II
Advocate II

How can we deal with this when we are running embedded?  Are we expecting end users to go and find the visuals?  

When is a fix likely?

Having the exact same issues and already lost a lot of work because of this...

With April update the ony way to be safe is making backups of the pbix on every 5 min.

It's an awful behaviour, not even a back up helps, I created a full report customized a lot of visuals, I opened it today and some visuals were resize to 0.

Also when publishing in the web version the visuals are resized to 0. I noticed this yesterday too. my desktop version shows the visuals, but in the version published the visuals are all resized to 0.

I lost a lot of work too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are several threads on here reporting the same thing.  It's not that they disappear, but they alter height and width dimensions to zero.  If you hover near the top left corner of where they were, you'll be able to select and resize them.

Mine's here:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/April-Update-Problems-Copy-Paste-causing-objects-to-lose/m-p...

Not much of a solution, having to resize lots of visuals all the time. 

I think that is the problem, they resize to 0, but the visual is still there, I could even found visuals that I thought they were deleted yesterday.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the reply, (your link takes me to "page not found")

I also noticed something like that when copy/paste and also when using undo command (or ctrl+z)

I'll check if I can find the visual by hovering ....

@Anonymous your link is not complete, I believe this is the one you want

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/April-Update-Problems-Copy-Paste-causing-objects-to-lose/m-p/32863#M11541

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.