Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visuals change dimensions once moved

Hello,

Whenever I set the width/height dimensions for visual (especially text boxes/buttons) and try to move it, it automatically changes those dimensions into smaller. For example, I set 115/50 on a button and then move it goes to 112/48. it is very visible. How can i fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
calloni
Helper I
Helper I

I am just here for the fun...

THIS HAPPENS STILL IN 2024 and BY FAR it is the worse "feature" of Power BI... It is the thing that always (ALWAYS) make me curse when using this tool.

Is there anyone from Microsoft looking at this forum? OR is it just here for them to market that "look we have a community" so they can sell PBI more to clients?

Rodrigo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so what I found, is that on the remote server (PBI is up to date), visuals once moved, change their dimensions and location to points divisible by 16. So in my mentioned case, it change to 112/48 which are both divisible by 16. It also moves in X/Y direction the same way. For coworkers, working on the same remote server, this is not happening.

On local laptop, it is all good and everything is precise by 1 point. 

Any idea why this could be happening?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

As tested with lastest version(October 2019 Update (2.74.5619.621)),

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update

It doesn't change the width/height dimensions for visual (especially text boxes/buttons)  when i move it.

Capture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is 2024 and this problem happens with me in any version, server, desktop etc.

Who from Microsoft can fix this once and for all?

Rodrigo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Istoma,

Open a Ticket if this is a big issue to you.

I checked here if there were view' actions associated to it and unfortunatelly this is a rendering bug probably.

Use your company support to open a ticket to the Microsoft Team!

Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.