Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

Visually Filter on Bank ID but not Dates

I have 2 tables.  I i want to use as a Filter and 1 I want to use to view data.

in table 1, i want to select a Bank ID to filter the right hand table on BUT i dont want the dates to be filtered, i want to keep all dates.  I have dates in the first table as a reference, but dont want to filter on dates.  Not sure how to accomplish this since i am not filtering data for a calculation, but filtering the visual effect.... hope i made sense... here is a screenshot.

pbi.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ilcaa72,

If you click on one value in BankID column, it means one row has been selected so that chart on the right hand will be filtered by that row. In your senario, I would recommend you to create a slicer chart based on BandID column then you can use the slicer chart to filter the matrix.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

thanks Jimmy.  i know if i select the Bank ID on the row the matrix will filter based on date as well... that is why I posted.  I need to see the date but dont want to filter the matrix (2nd table) on dates, only on BankID.  Is this possible?  if so how

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ilcaa72 did you ever figure this out? I am trying to do it as well! It seems like must do!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.