Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ibrahimsharaf
Employee
Employee

Visualizing time intervals

Hello guys, I have a dataset which contains a column for "Start Date" and a column for "End Date" of some pipeline I run on different time intervals, every run has a start and end date, the question here, I want to create a visualization of these time intervals to get insight on when did the pipeline run, and when it did not, is there a custom visual can do the job?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibrahimsharaf
Employee
Employee

Thank you Matt, however, I found that "Calendar Visualization" custom visual did the job.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibrahimsharaf
Employee
Employee

Thank you Matt, however, I found that "Calendar Visualization" custom visual did the job.

Hi,  I've got similar data with start and end date of department "projects" items that I want to visualize.  I can't quite figure out the Calendar custom visual data elements that are listed as Category and Y when I imported it.   If I put Start Date in Category value I get those days highlighted...I've been puting Duration in the Y value but it doesn't really visualize the way I'd like.  If you have any tips or clarifications, much appreciated.   Thanks 

I'm thinking this could work https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/GapAnalysis1451400925949

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.