Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visualize monitoring data - Icinga2 and Graphite

Hi There!

I'm currently try to visualize Icinga2 and Graphite Data (Monitoring Software)

Icinga2 Data:

The Icinga2 Data is in MySQL and I can create 2 Lists that look like the following:

- Statehistory -
timestamp;        host;         service;     lastState; currentState
2017-05-04 08:56; MyServer; CPULoad; 2;            0;
2017-05-04 08:57; MyServer; CPULoad; 0;            1;

- Maintenance History -
startTimestamp;  host;         service;      endTimestamp;
2017-05-04 07:30;  MyServer;  CPULoad;  2017-05-04 08:30;

And what I want to view is, per Host and Service a 100% daily bar chart which shows like:

2017-05-04: 10% state 3 not in maintenance, 20% state 1 in maintenance, 10% state 2 not in maintenance, 60 % state 0 not in maintenance

So somehow I would need to count the time between the last entry with the same host and service and add it to a daily summary for the different states (0-3)?

Graphite Data:
The Graphite data is like a performance data table with values in time. (just like Windows perfcounter)
I have RestAPI JSON Data with the following structure:

>root
|->target MyServer.CPULoad
|->datapoints
   |->0
      |-> linux timestamp
      |-> value
   |->1
      |-> linux timestamp
      |-> value
|->target MyServer.MemLoad
|->datapoints
...etc

And I want to view the data like the performance counters in Windows, just the different values in time.

Do you have any hint on how to drill this data and even merge somehow so that I can filter for a host and service and get the correct information displayed?

I currently builded a workaround with a powershell script that creates a csv file with the same data but it takes a long time and is not very accurate or scaleable.

Thank you very much for your tips!

best regards, Duffkess.

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

We can create such a monitoring report or dashboard in Power BI desktop. We can get data from MySQL database. In your scenario, the issue is how to modeling your data. Here is a blog which describe how to create such a report in Power BI. Please refer to the link below.
http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/cfuller/archive/2015/12/01/using-power-bi-for-disk-space-dashboards-and-reports-in-operations-manager/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the tip Charlie Liao!

What Is described in this article is everything I already tried (sorry I did not mention that).

My problem is the specific data structure which I dont know how to drill correct...

Thank you in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.