Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visualize data for the first 12 months of a customers tickets

Hello friendly community,

I'm trying to visualize the first 12 months of ticket counts and other behavior from my current data. I can create a DAX to find the earliest date, and could create multiple separate columns to capture the value at Date +1 Month +2 Month and so on, but I wanted to check with the group if there was an easier way to do this. We have a date_entered field in the data for each ticket entered.

See summarized behavior below (please let me know if I can help with more details)

Company_recid2013201420152016201720182019
company 1 630444 (first ticket)      
company 2  705099 (first ticket)    
company 3      999032 (first ticket)

As always, appreciate any suggestions or help.

Regards,

Seth Calkins

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , is it your raw data, this seems incomplete. Can you share sample data and sample output?

See if this can help https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak , I've trimmed down my data, and left it up with three companies as an example. Please feel free to take a look from the below link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VV80CMtTQaMH5oW4VhdvWLSTdnIBvaFy

They all have different dates when they first started logging tickets. I'd like to visualize them all so the visual starts with "start date" then start date +1, +2, etc. for the first 12 months.

I'm working on the DAX to make 12 columns each to represent the sum ticket count for each companies first twelve months. If I complete that, I'll add it to model and share.

As always, very appreciative of the collaboration of this community, please let me know if I can help with any additional details or questions.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

A little vague but you might benefit from Open Tickets: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Open-Tickets/m-p/409364#M147

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.