Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nando88
Regular Visitor

Visualizations don't work

I started using the free trial and then upgraded to the paid version. I am still receiving an error I received when the trial version expired, that says: "Couldn't load the data for this visualization. Try again later".

Can someone please help me fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@nando88 In past I've seen this error for quite a few numer of issues and there isn't a single problem that can cause this type of error. My suggestion is to rather than spending time troubleshooting it I would say re-publish pbix files and see if that error is gone. Obviously as error suggests it couldn't get the data for visual, when you re-publish ensure gateway and everything is setup and working if you are using those Pro features. I have also seen this error occuring when a field used for the visual gets data that causes type mismatch or if field is INT but data causes NaN.

I published it as you suggested and I noticed something weird, the visualization works online, but in the desktop version I still have the error. Can you please help me solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@nando88, do you still get the same issue now? If yes, how about you share one .pbix file so we can check what's wrong with it? 

The problem was that I had IE9 and I needed IE10 or 11. I upgraded, and that fixed my problem.

Hi @nando88,

Great to hear the problem got resolved.Smiley Happy Could you accept your last reply as solution to close this thread?

Regards

@nando88

What visuals are you using in your report? Are you using any custom visuals? Do all your pbix files have this issue or just only this pbix file?

Regards

I still haven't published the pbix, I am just trying to make a dashboard on PBD. I don't think it is a problem with the data type, since I converted the string to int and I also entered int as data in a new table in PBD and it always happens.
Can you please give me some suggestions on how to solve this issue?
Thanks in advance.
nando88
Regular Visitor

I started power bi with a free license, and then I upgraded to the pro version. The thing is that I am still having the same problem as before, I can't view any visualization (couldn't retrieve the data for this visual, please try again later).

I was having the same problem before, but it was because my trial version expired, and now that I have the paid version, I don't know what's wrong.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.