Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visualizations don't work after updating Fact tables

This is pretty weird. I have created set of dashboards in my desktop PowerBI about half a year ago. It's build on pretty simple data model (2 Fact tables and 4 Dimension). It takes data from sql server db and I updated it once in a while manually with the Refresh button (Last time I updated it a few months ago). All the visualizations worked perfectly fine after the refresh.

Today I decided to delete old data (old season) from DB and load new ones (new season). Then I refreshed it and I expected that it will work the same way. But after the refresh all my visualizations stopped working it says just "blank" in all the visualizations.

I did not change the structure of any tables and tables contain data. In "data" card I can clearly see that both fact tables contain values with no errors but when I try to create a new visualization/table with columns only from the Fact table, it won't show any data, just headers. That is not case for dimensions as visualization with just dimension is showing data. I tried to create new visualizations in new project (pbix) with same Fact tables and it works great. So the problem is not in those tables, they have completely same structure as before and also contain data. Also, the problem is not in relationships. I tried to delete those fact tables and reload them. It Also didn't work.

Please help me, I dont want to recreate all those dashboards, it would take a lot of time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Did you define any Page or Report filters?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Did you define any Page or Report filters?

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah I had Report level filter set until summer 2018. Such a dumb mistake. Thanks a lot!

No worries, that's what the forums are here for, sometimes just needs another set of "eyes"!

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.