Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vjosyula
Regular Visitor

Visualizations Blank on Cloud after Refresh

I've built a power BI report with a lot of visualizations on my desktop version and published it succesfully to the cloud. 

vjosyula_0-1600363610457.png

I scheduled the report to refresh daily.  When I come in the next day, all the visualizations are blank. I haven't been able to find a solution. I found this thread which recommends removing Boolean filters (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Visualization-BLANK-after-refreshing-page-in-Power-BI-servic...) which I have done but it has not resolved the issue. 

Any guidance is much appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
mhossain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@vjosyula 

When you do manual refresh, is it working ok?

If I refresh on my desktop instance of Power BI it works fine, but if I try to manually refresh on the cloud nothing happens. 

What is your datasource? is it sharepoint?

It's an Azure SQL server. 

@vjosyula 

Can you try with removing all page/report level filter in your powerbi? And see if this works.

just tried removing the All Page filter I have embedded, saved and refreshed. Same problem persists. Blank visual. 

vjosyula_0-1600442050992.png

Can anyone help here. Problem still not resolved. 

I think I have narrowed down the root cause to column-relationships I have built into my Data Model. I am using a certain column to link source tables to together.  I have no idea though why such a data relationship would cause visualizations to fail on the cloud version of my Power BI report, but not on my desktop instance.  

vjosyula_2-1601991580421.png

vjosyula_0-1601991494571.png

i have the same issue, did you ever got to the bottom of this?

Thanks,

Michael.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.