Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arndtvissing
Frequent Visitor

Visualization tooltips

I have a use case that im struggling to solve.

We have used a lot of time to define field properties, to make crating data models easier. However, i would like to enable the consumers of reports to also see those property definitions.

Idea is to use the "tooltip" functionality, where when the user hovers over an attribute or fact in a visual in power bi, they are presented with the definition of the object. Do anyone know if it is possible to parse the properties to the visuals?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arndtvissing ,

I think you could create tooltip pages to display the content that you want. 

Please reference:

Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arndtvissing ,

I think you could create tooltip pages to display the content that you want. 

Please reference:

Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@arndtvissing ,

Please visit the below link to get more deets on tooltip.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-create-tooltip-for-table-visual/m-p/523049

Don't forget to hit Thumbs up and accept this as a solution if you find it helpful! 

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.