Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

christla
Regular Visitor

Visualization that graphs all open tasks to all overdue tasks

Hello,

I have a request to show a Line Chart that graphs all the open tasks on a project on one line against all overdue tasks on the other line for a project.

Is anyone aware of a visualzation that does that?

I have been trying to use the standard Line Chart one, but I display both items against each other.

Hope that made sense.

Thanks. Larry

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @christla,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Larry,

How does the original data look like? If the values are in two columns, you can add both of them in the Values filed of the Line Chart. If the values are in one column, you can add a new column with values "open", "overdue", then add them in the Legend filed of the Line Chart. 

If you need more support, please provide a sample. Please don't share sensitive data here.

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the response.

I have two columns:  All Open Tasks for the Project and All Overdue Tasks for the Project.

I'm trying to show the Open Tasks using bars and the Overdue Tasks using a line.

I would like to have the Overdue Task line accumulating as it moves from task to task.

This would result in the OverDue Task line increasing and/or decreasing through the graph, while the Open Task bars go up and down.

The settings that I have are:

Shared axis = Finish Date

Column Value = Open Tasks

Line Value = Overdue Tasks

What is happening is that the Line is following the Bars since the is displaying one task at a time.

I don't know if this made sense.

Thanks.

Hi @christla,

Does your data look like below? Please refer to the snapshot below and the demo in the attachment. You can use a measure. If it doesn't help, please share some data of yours.

OverDueAccumulate =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Table1[Overdue Tasks] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Table1'[Finish Date] ),
        'Table1'[Finish Date] <= MIN ( 'Table1'[Finish Date] )
    )
)

Visualization-that-graphs-all-open-tasks-to-all-overdue-tasks

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.