Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kjenge

Visualization support: Tracking incoming emails via Flow over time + aggregation date support

Hello!

I'm new to Power BI and looking for support on how to set up a visualization showing the volume of incoming emails per day over time (X: date [labeled as 1/1/2018] vs. Y: volume of incoming emails per day). 

A Flow was set up to track the volume of incoming emails in a shared mailbox:

• Trigger: "When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox"
  • Run: "Insert row"
  • Each row is a new incoming email with the following data:
    • "From"
    • "CC"
    • "Subject"
    • "Date"
    • "Attachment"

The "Date" column appears as: 2017-08-28T18:58:09+00:00. Though I'm new to Power BI, I was able to figure out how to display this column as (mm/dd/yyyy) under "Modeling" > "Formatting." However, the missing piece is learning how to aggregate the data to count the sum each unique date in order to display the intended visualization correctly.

The final outcome for the intended visualization should appear as the attached picture. I pulled this picture from Flow analytics. To my understanding, Flow has basic analytics built in to show run data (see attached); however, I would like to display the actual volume of incoming emails vs. the number of "runs" as shown.

Please assist!

Thank you.

Flow - aggregation date vs. flow runs.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kjenge,

It seems that you may drag any data field to Values and select Count in the dropdown.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kjenge,

It seems that you may drag any data field to Values and select Count in the dropdown.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.