cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visualization of a multiple choice questions

Hi all,

I am currently monitoring movement of population through a Kobo questionnaire. In this questionnaire, we ask the person the mean of transport they are using in a multiple choice question, with a maximum of 3 options (options are: bus, walking, plane, autostop, boat) .

I connected the kobo form to Power BI and unpivoted the column with the means of transport response in 3 columns: transport 1, transport 2, transport 3.

I want to know how I can visualize in a column graph the percentage of persons who have been taking each means of transport.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
judspud
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Anonymous 

You could create additional columns for each mode of transport (bus, walking, plane, autostop, boat).

In each column you would enter a formula using an IF statement that says if any of the columns contains 'Bus' then put a 1 in the Bus column etc.

You could then plot a column chart that has the count of each column.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

George

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
judspud
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Anonymous 

You could create additional columns for each mode of transport (bus, walking, plane, autostop, boat).

In each column you would enter a formula using an IF statement that says if any of the columns contains 'Bus' then put a 1 in the Bus column etc.

You could then plot a column chart that has the count of each column.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

George

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear George, Thanks for the answer. I did it this way and it worked perectly. Since there were only 6 options it was pretty easy. Best regards

@Anonymous ,

By the way, you may help accept solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you provide sample data and expected output? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Check out my External Tool for Power BI Desktop! Microsoft Hates Greg's Quick Measures
YouTube Channel! Microsoft Hates Greg
Check out my latest book!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors