Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visualization of a multiple choice questions

Hi all,

I am currently monitoring movement of population through a Kobo questionnaire. In this questionnaire, we ask the person the mean of transport they are using in a multiple choice question, with a maximum of 3 options (options are: bus, walking, plane, autostop, boat) .

I connected the kobo form to Power BI and unpivoted the column with the means of transport response in 3 columns: transport 1, transport 2, transport 3.

I want to know how I can visualize in a column graph the percentage of persons who have been taking each means of transport.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
judspud
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Anonymous 

You could create additional columns for each mode of transport (bus, walking, plane, autostop, boat).

In each column you would enter a formula using an IF statement that says if any of the columns contains 'Bus' then put a 1 in the Bus column etc.

You could then plot a column chart that has the count of each column.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

George

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
judspud
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Anonymous 

You could create additional columns for each mode of transport (bus, walking, plane, autostop, boat).

In each column you would enter a formula using an IF statement that says if any of the columns contains 'Bus' then put a 1 in the Bus column etc.

You could then plot a column chart that has the count of each column.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

George

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear George, Thanks for the answer. I did it this way and it worked perectly. Since there were only 6 options it was pretty easy. Best regards

@Anonymous ,

By the way, you may help accept solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you provide sample data and expected output? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.