Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ankurvbhandari

Visualization not visible in different files

Hi,
I've imported a few visualizations from the marketplace but I can see them only in the file I imported them into. If I open a new PBI file, I can only see the default visualization options. Am I missing a step here?
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Washivale
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi,

Imported Custom visuals are has limited scope to the pbix you have imported visuals to.

You will have to import custom visuals every time you create new pbix file, you can try creating a power bi template with custom visuals imported and use it while creating new reports

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @ankurvbhandari,

I agree with @Washivale. Here is an idea under review by Microsoft - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15638169-custom-visuals-enabled-e... . You can check similar topic on community for more details - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Custom-Visuals-Mass-Import/m-p/110630#M46610 .

What I think, as maximum you can download custom visuals from Marketplace to your own PC to specific folder. Then it will be easier to import them to reports.

Regards,

Ruslan

Washivale
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi,

Imported Custom visuals are has limited scope to the pbix you have imported visuals to.

You will have to import custom visuals every time you create new pbix file, you can try creating a power bi template with custom visuals imported and use it while creating new reports

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.