Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

millerz1
Frequent Visitor

Visualization interacting with data model

Hello,

I am trying to create a chart where I can interact with it by selecting the relevant team to see the number of open, closed, and assigned defects by date.  However, the relationship between the two tables (date table I created based off a Power BI article) doesn't appear to be working as I would expect.  When a select a specific team in the bottom splicer, there is no change to the graph.

millerz1_0-1631659375390.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

Link to files 

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@millerz1 
Based on the provided pbix, there is no relationship created between the dates table and Hypercare table, so you cannot use the GBS team to filer the line value [assigned defects]. Just add a relationship using Created On column should work. And you should change the the filter direction to both since you want to use the GBS team in the Hypercare table to filter the other 2 table columns.

relationship.PNG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-pazhen-msft  @amitchandak Thanks!  That resolved the "Created Defects" working with the visuals.  However, I am still getting circular dependencies on the "Closed Defects" and "Assigned Defects".

millerz1_0-1631891842148.png

millerz1_1-1631891863733.png

After some digging around, does this have to do with having multiple "Calculate" columns in the same table?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thank you, I am getting closer.  Now I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong with the relationships.  I am getting circular dependecy errors.  Per the article, I tried swapping around the formula's and dropping the "userelationship" when activating/deactivating the relationships.  Updated the attached PBIX.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

millerz1_0-1631713683785.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.