Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aspi
Helper I
Helper I

Visualization in Dashboard

Hello all you BI Gurus, wanted to ask if anyone knows how to create a visualization (or if one already exists) that will use values from two existing visualization and provide a result. See attached screenshot for reference to my question below:
I have a simple BI with three Card visualizations. How do I create another visualization that will use the data from the Card named 'AWB Count with Errors' and Divide it with the value data from the Card named 'Total AWBs Processed' to give me the Error Rate in percentage. I.e. 325/6109 = 5.32%
Thanks for your time.
Aspi.BI Query.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aspi ,

According to your description, the values displayed in the Card visuals are obtained by applying some filters not measures ,so you could not get the divide value directly,right?

And based on the screenshots you provided ,let us ignore the date and region filter,just focus on Issue Category:

AWB Count with Errors  is composed of data with the value<>(Blank) in Issue Category column,
Total AWBs Processed is the total rows.

I suggest you create some measures to do it.
AWB Count with Errors = COUNTX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Issue Category]<>"(Blank)"),[Issue Category])

Total AWBs Processed = COUNTROWS('Table')

Error Rate = DIVIDE([AWB Count with Errors],[Total AWBs Processed])

The final output is shown below:

error rate.PNG

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aspi ,

According to your description, the values displayed in the Card visuals are obtained by applying some filters not measures ,so you could not get the divide value directly,right?

And based on the screenshots you provided ,let us ignore the date and region filter,just focus on Issue Category:

AWB Count with Errors  is composed of data with the value<>(Blank) in Issue Category column,
Total AWBs Processed is the total rows.

I suggest you create some measures to do it.
AWB Count with Errors = COUNTX(FILTER('Table','Table'[Issue Category]<>"(Blank)"),[Issue Category])

Total AWBs Processed = COUNTROWS('Table')

Error Rate = DIVIDE([AWB Count with Errors],[Total AWBs Processed])

The final output is shown below:

error rate.PNG

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Eyelyn,

Thank you for your help and providing the solution. It has worked well.

Can I ask you another question in relation to the same dashboard please. Can you advise how do I make the dashboard display 'Blanks' as 'No errors' i.e. I need the above Pie Graph showing 'No Errors' in place of '(Blank)' (the Purple 60% of the Pie).

Do advise your thoughts.

Best Regards.

Aspi
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Selimovd,

Thanks for your quick response, however the issue is that data for AWB Count with Errors and Total AWBs Processed aren't two separate data sets i.e. columns. The data comes from the same column and gets displyed in the cards based on simple filters i.e if a row has an error populated against it then it will be counted in the card AWB Count with Errors'. So in short all the 3 cards are populating from the same column data.

Hope I havent confused you. Do advise any other method you feel will work.

Regards.

Aspi. 

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Aspi ,

you can easily create a new measure that is doing that:

myMeasure =
DIVIDE(
    [AWB Count with Errors],
    [Total AWBs Processed]
)

Then you format the Measure as percent and you should have your result.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.