Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Olifer
Frequent Visitor

Visualization: Two Bar charts attached to one asset

Dear community,

I'd like to ask for your support how the following visualization can be achieved with Power BI. I think the images attached describe best how it should look like: One customer shall receive exactly two bars, located next to each other, one pointing from "Start Date to "End Date", the other from "Start Date" to "Adapted End Date" (which can be earlier or later than the "End Date").

data.JPG

Visualization.JPG

Of course it's fine when Cust1 / Cust2 appear not just once, but behind each of their respective bars.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot and a great weekend to all of you!

Olifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Olifer ,

You can search for a custom visualizaition of gant charts however since you have the need to have two dates not sure if you can find anything.

What I did was to create a calendar table and the added the following measures:

EndDAte = IF(MAX('Table'[Start Date]) <= MIN(dimCalendar[Date]) && MAX('Table'[End Date]) >= MAX(dimCalendar[Date]), 1)

Adaptive = IF(MAX('Table'[Start Date]) <= MIN(dimCalendar[Date]) && MAX('Table'[Adapted End Date]) >= MAX(dimCalendar[Date]), 1)

Now created a matrix visualizaiton and place the measures on the values and formatted the conditional formatting.

Result below and in attach PBIX file.

MFelix_0-1625232962401.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Olifer
Frequent Visitor

Dear Miguel,

highly appreciated - thanks a lot! I will spend some time to try to get it up and running, and I will also check the input data once more. In case I still don't manage, I would be glad to come back to your kind offer.

Best regards

Olifer

Olifer
Frequent Visitor

Dear Miguel,

thanks a lot for this innovative and tricky solution! Since my real input data is unfortunately far more complex than the data I provided, I am still struggling in getting it set up correctly. I'll continue to work on it and see how far I come. 

Best regards

Olifer

Hi @Olifer ,

If you need you can send a private message with additional information about your model and I can try to assist you to get the solution implemented.

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Olifer ,

You can search for a custom visualizaition of gant charts however since you have the need to have two dates not sure if you can find anything.

What I did was to create a calendar table and the added the following measures:

EndDAte = IF(MAX('Table'[Start Date]) <= MIN(dimCalendar[Date]) && MAX('Table'[End Date]) >= MAX(dimCalendar[Date]), 1)

Adaptive = IF(MAX('Table'[Start Date]) <= MIN(dimCalendar[Date]) && MAX('Table'[Adapted End Date]) >= MAX(dimCalendar[Date]), 1)

Now created a matrix visualizaiton and place the measures on the values and formatted the conditional formatting.

Result below and in attach PBIX file.

MFelix_0-1625232962401.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors