Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visualization Line charts start with 1st work day

Hello,

I have gotten my 1st task in Power BI to create some simple excel report in Power BI. It is a simple chart that shows count of applications that are compared vs previous and 2 months ago. But in excel they have it that in the line charts start to show the data from the 1st work day and they overlap nicely.

As I am very new to Power BI, could you please tell me what is the solution or keywords that I need to look for to find out how to force the visualization to start from the 1st working day?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

You may use following DAX to get Weekday column.

Weekday= WEEKDAY(DateDim[Date],2)

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So it is like this:

Count of Applications Compared with previous monthCount of Applications Compared with previous month

the Excel example in which the lines overlapthe Excel example in which the lines overlap

So I would need it for the week days to overlap

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.