Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AV155
Frequent Visitor

Visualization Interaction - Keeping different Date filters

Hello,

I have a Table visualization that shows customers and revenue with filter of "In Current Year".  On the same page, I have a Bar Chart visualization showing revenue over the past 12 months.   What I would like is when a user clicks on an individual customer in the Table, the bar chart keeps the "past 12 months" filter while showing data only for that customer.  Currently, the bar chart also assumes the "In Current Year" filter when a customer is selected, which I do not want to happen.

Is this possible to achieve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AV155 , If current is because of filter or slicer, it will pass the value. Try to create a measure for the current year then it should only pass customer

example

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))
This year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AV155 , If current is because of filter or slicer, it will pass the value. Try to create a measure for the current year then it should only pass customer

example

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))
This year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))

That makes sense.  I should have thought about making measures to accomplish this.  Thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.